Sunday, February 26, 2012

EDSS 541 R.R. 19-21


Reading Response #19

There are many strategies a teacher can use to differentiate assessment. One strategy is using visual and auditory cues. Another strategy is grouping students heterogeneously. Teaching to a multiplicity of intelligences is also an invaluable differentiation strategy. Project based learning, rubrics, discussions, and presenting opportunities for students to think for themselves are all examples of strategies a teacher can utilize to differentiate assessment.

Reading Response #20

Two to three assessment strategies that I would use in my unit are grouping students into heterogeneous groups, discussions, and project based learning.

Reading Response #21

Using these assessment strategies in the TPA would be very valuable and would represent a more thoughtful teacher. I can use student grouping and discussion to assist with student comprehension of a text. I could use visual cues to assist the ESL students while using auditory cues to assist with my visually impaired students. I could use a rubric to ensure an equitable grading system while making my standards for the activity clear. All of these differentiation assessments also adhere to a multiplicity of intelligences as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment